轻松练外语 logo轻松练外语
  1. 全部课程
  2. 新概念(第二册)
  3. Lesson 95

Lesson 95

  • When the Ambassador of Escalopia returned home for lunch, his wife got a shock.
    当埃斯卡洛皮亚大使回家吃午饭时,他的妻子大吃一惊。
  • He looked pale and his clothes were in a frightful state.
    他面色苍白,衣服也破烂不堪。
  • What has happened? she asked.
    “发生了什么?”她问道。
  • How did your clothes get into such a mess?
    你的衣服怎么搞得这么乱?
  • A fire extinguisher, my dear, answered the Ambassador drily.
    “亲爱的,是一个灭火器,”大使冷淡地回答道。
  • University students set the Embassy on fire this morning.
    大学生们今天早上纵火焚烧了大使馆。
  • Good heavens! exclaimed his wife.
    “天哪!”他的妻子大声喊道。
  • And where were you at the time?
    那么你当时在哪里?
  • I was in my office as usual, answered the Ambassador.
    “我像往常一样在办公室里,”大使回答道。
  • The fire broke out in the basement.
    火灾发生在地下室。
  • I went down immediately, of course, and that fool, Horst, aimed a fire extinguisher at me.
    我当然立刻下楼了,而霍斯特那个傻瓜竟然拿灭火器对着我。
  • He thought I was on fire.
    他以为我着火了。
  • I must definitely get that fellow posted.
    我肯定必须把那个家伙给打发走(派驻到外地)。
  • The Ambassador's wife went on asking questions, when she suddenly noticed a big hole in her husband's hat.
    大使夫人正在继续询问问题,这时她突然发现她丈夫的帽子上有一个大洞。
  • And how can you explain that? she asked.
    那么你如何解释那个呢?她问道。
  • Oh, that, said the Ambassador.
    “哦,那个,”大使说道。
  • Someone fired a shot through my office window.
    有人开枪打穿了我办公室的窗户。
  • Accurate, don't you think?
    很准确,你不觉得吗?
  • Fortunately, I wasn't wearing it at the time.
    幸运的是,我当时没有穿着它。
  • If I had been, I would not have been able to get home for lunch.
    如果我当时是那样的话,我就没法回家吃午饭了。

© 2026 轻松练外语 版权所有

  • 联系我们
  • 隐私政策
  • 服务条款