轻松练外语 logo轻松练外语
  1. 全部课程
  2. 新概念(第二册)
  3. Lesson 87

Lesson 87

  • 'At the time the murder was committed, I was travelling on the 8 o'clock train to London,' said the man.
    “谋杀案发生时,我正坐在8点开往伦敦的火车上,”那个男人说道。
  • 'Of course I do,' answered the man. 'I must be at work at 10 o'clock. My employer will confirm that I was there on time.'
    “我当然是,”那个男人回答道,“我必须在10点钟准时工作。我的雇主会证实我当时准时在那里。”
  • 'Would a later train get you to work on time?' asked the inspector.
    “晚一点的火车能让你准时上班吗?”检查员问道。
  • I suppose it would, but I never catch a later train.
    我想会这样的,但我从不赶更晚的一趟火车。
  • At what time did you arrive at the station?
    你是什么时候到达车站的?
  • At ten to eight. I bought a paper and waited for the train.
    九点五十,我买了一份报纸并等候火车。
  • And you didn't notice anything unusual?
    而且你没有注意到任何异常吗?
  • Of course not.
    当然不。
  • 'I suggest,' said the inspector, 'that you are not telling the truth.
    “我建议,”督察说,“你没有在说实话。”
  • I suggest that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train, but that you caught the 8.25 which would still get you to work on time.
    我建议你不要说你没赶上8点那班火车,而说你赶上了8点25分的那班,那班车仍能让你准时上班。
  • You see, on the morning of the murder, the 8 o'clock train did not run at all.
    你看,在谋杀案发生当天的早晨,那趟8点的火车根本就没有运行。
  • It broke down at Ferngreen station and was taken off the line.
    它在 Ferngreen 站抛锚了,随后被移出了线路。

© 2026 轻松练外语 版权所有

  • 联系我们
  • 隐私政策
  • 服务条款