Lesson 76
- 'To end our special news bulletin,' said the voice of the television announcer, 'we're going over to the macaroni fields of Calabria.“为了结束我们的特别新闻简报,”电视播音员的声音说道,“我们要转接到卡拉布里亚的通心粉田。”
- Macaroni has been grown in this area for over six hundred years.通心粉在这个地区已经种植了六百多年。
- Two of the leading growers, Giuseppe Moldova and Riccardo Brabante, tell me that they have been expecting a splendid crop this year and harvesting has begun earlier than usual.两位领先的种植者,朱塞佩·摩尔多瓦和里卡多·布拉班特告诉我,他们一直期待着今年的大丰收,而且采收工作已经比往常更早开始了。
- Here you can see two workers who, between them, have just finished cutting three cartloads of golden brown macaroni stalks.在这里你可以看到两名工人,他们两人一起,刚刚收割完了三车金棕色的通心粉茎。
- The whole village has been working day and night gathering and threshing this year's crop before the September rains.整个村庄一直在日以继夜地忙着在九月雨季到来之前收割和脱粒今年的庄稼。
- On the right, you can see Mrs. Brabante herself.在右边,你可以看到布拉班特夫人本人。
- She has been helping her husband for thirty years now.三十年来,她一直都在帮助她的丈夫。
- Mrs. Brabante is talking to the manager of the local factory where the crop is processed.布拉班特夫人正在和那家加工农作物的当地工厂的经理交谈。
- This last scene shows you what will happen at the end of the harvest: the famous Calabrian macaroni-eating competition!这最后一幕向你展示了在收获结束时会发生什么:著名的卡拉布里亚吃通心粉大赛!
- Signor Fratelli, the present champion, has won it every year since 1991.弗拉泰利先生,这位当下的冠军,自1991年以来每年都赢得它。
- And that ends our special bulletin for today, Thursday, April 1st.今天的特别公告到此结束,今天是4月1日,星期四。
- We're now going back to the studio.我们现在正要回到工作室。