Lesson 60
- At a village fair, I decided to visit a fortune-teller called Madam Bellinsky.在一个村庄集市上,我决定去拜访一位名叫贝林斯基夫人的占卜师。
- I went into her tent and she told me to sit down.我进入了她的帐篷,她叫我坐下。
- After I had given her some money, she looked into a crystal ball and said: 'A relation of yours is coming to see you.在我给了她一些钱之后,她看向水晶球并说道:“你的一个亲戚正要来看望你。”
- She will be arriving this evening and intends to stay for a few days.她将于今晚到达,并打算停留几天。
- The moment you leave this tent, you will get a big surprise.你一离开这个帐篷,就会得到一个大惊喜。
- A woman you know well will rush towards you.一位你熟悉的女性将会向你冲过来。
- She will speak to you and then she will lead you away from this place.她将和你交谈,然后她将带你离开这个地方。
- That is all.'那就是全部了。'
- As soon as I went outside, I forgot all about Madam Bellinsky because my wife hurried towards me.我一走到外面,就把贝琳斯基夫人的事忘得一干二净,因为我的妻子正急忙向我走来。
- 'Where have you been hiding?' she asked impatiently.“你一直躲在哪里?”她不耐烦地问道。
- Your sister will be here in less than an hour and we must be at the station to meet her.你姐姐不到一小时就会到这里,我们必须去车站接她。
- We are late already.我们已经迟到了。
- As she walked away, I followed her out of the fair.当她走开时,我跟着她走出了集市。