Lesson 50
- I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.我喜欢在乡村旅行,但我不喜欢迷路。
- I went on an excursion recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.我最近去远足了,但这次旅程花费的时间比我预想的要长。
- 'I'm going to Woodford Green,' I said to the conductor as I got on the bus, 'but I don't know where it is.'“我要去伍德福德格林,”我上车时对售票员说,“但我不知道它在哪里。”
- 'I'll tell you where to get off,' answered the conductor.“我会告诉你该在哪里下车,”售票员回答道。
- I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.我坐在公共汽车的前部,以便欣赏乡村的美景。
- After some time, the bus stopped.一段时间后,公交车停了下来。
- Looking round, I realized with a shock that I was the only passenger left on the bus.环顾四周,我吃惊地发现我是车上剩下的唯一乘客。
- 'You'll have to get off here,' the conductor said.“你得在这里下车,”售票员说。
- This is as far as we go.这就是我们的终点(我们只能到此为止了)。
- 'Is this Woodford Green?' I asked.“这是伍德福德格林吗?”我问道。
- 'Oh dear,' said the conductor suddenly.“天哪,”列车员突然说道。
- I forgot to put you off.我忘了让你下车/我忘了推迟你的约会。
- 'It doesn't matter,' I said.“这没关系,”我说。
- I'll get off here.我在这里下车。
- 'We're going back now,' said the conductor.“我们现在要回去了,”售票员说道。
- 'Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus,' I answered.“好吧,在这种情况下,我更喜欢留在公共汽车上,”我回答道。