Lesson 25
- I arrived in London at last.我终于到达了伦敦。
- The railway station was big, black and dark.火车站巨大、漆黑且昏暗。
- I did not know the way to my hotel, so I asked a porter.我不知道去旅馆的路,所以我就询问了一个搬运工。
- I not only spoke English very carefully, but very clearly as well.我不仅说英语非常仔细,而且也非常清晰。
- The porter, however, could not understand me.然而,搬运工不能理解我。
- I repeated my question several times and at last he understood.我把我的问题重复了好几次,最后他终于明白了。
- He answered me, but he spoke neither slowly nor clearly.他回答了我,但他说话既不慢也不清晰。
- 'I am a foreigner,' I said.“我是一个外国人,”我说。
- Then he spoke slowly, but I could not understand him.然后他说话很慢,但我听不懂他的话。
- My teacher never spoke English like that!我的老师从不那样说英语!
- The porter and I looked at each other and smiled.搬运工和我面面相觑,露出了微笑。
- Then he said something and I understood it.然后他说了些什么,我听懂了。
- 'You'll soon learn English!' he said.“你很快就会学会英语!”他说道。
- I wonder.我想知道。
- In England, each person speaks a different language.在英国,每个人说的语言都不尽相同。
- The English understand each other, but I don't understand them!英国人互相理解,但我并不理解他们!
- Do they speak English?他们说英语吗?