轻松练外语 logo轻松练外语
  1. 全部课程
  2. 新概念(第三册)
  3. Lesson 11

Lesson 11

  • Customs Officers are quite tolerant these days, but they can still stop you when you are going through the Green Channel and have nothing to declare.
    如今海关官员们相当宽容,但当阁下正在通过绿色通道且没有什么要申报时,他们仍然可以拦下你。
  • Even really honest people are often made to feel guilty.
    甚至真正诚实的人也经常被弄得感到内疚。
  • The hardened professional smuggler, on the other hand, is never troubled by such feelings, even if he has five hundred gold watches hidden in his suitcase.
    另一方面,老练的职业走私者从不为这种感觉所困扰,即使他的手提箱里藏着五百只金表。
  • When I returned from abroad recently, a particularly officious young Customs Officer clearly regarded me as a smuggler.
    当我最近从国外回来时,一个特别爱管闲事的年轻海关官员显然把我当成了一个走私犯。
  • 'Have you anything to declare?' he asked, looking me in the eye.
    “你有任何要申报的东西吗?”他直视着我的眼睛问道。
  • 'No,' I answered confidently.
    “不,”我自信地回答道
  • Would you mind unlocking this suitcase please?
    请问你介意打开这个手提箱吗?
  • 'Not at all,' I answered.
    “一点也不,”我回答道。
  • The Officer went through the case with great care.
    这名官员非常仔细地检查了案情。
  • All the things I had packed so carefully were soon in a dreadful mess.
    所有我曾如此仔细打包的东西很快就变得一团糟。
  • I felt sure I would never be able to close the case again.
    我觉得确信我再也无法把这箱子关上了。
  • Suddenly, I saw the Officer's face light up.
    突然,我看见那位军官的脸亮了起来。
  • He had spotted a tiny bottle at the bottom of my case and he pounced on it with delight.
    他在我箱子底部发现了一个小瓶子,然后欣喜地扑向了它。
  • 'Perfume, eh?' he asked sarcastically.
    “香水,嗯?”他讽刺地问道。
  • 'You should have declared that. Perfume is not exempt from import duty.'
    “你本应该申报那个。香水不能免征进口税。”
  • 'But it isn't perfume,' I said.
    “但它不是香水,”我说道。
  • It's hair gel.
    它是发胶。
  • Then I added with a smile, 'It's a strange mixture I make myself.'
    然后我带着微笑补充道:“这是我自己配制的奇怪混合物。”
  • As I expected, he did not believe me.
    正如我所预料的,他不相信我。
  • 'Try it!' I said encouragingly.
    “试试看!”我鼓励地说道。
  • The Officer unscrewed the cap and put the bottle to his nostrils.
    这名官员拧开了瓶盖,把瓶子凑到鼻孔前。
  • He was greeted by an unpleasant smell which convinced him that I was telling the truth.
    他闻到了一股难闻的气味,这使他确信我是在说实话。
  • A few minutes later, I was able to hurry away with precious chalk marks on my baggage.
    几分钟后,我得以带着行李上珍贵的粉笔标记匆忙离去。

© 2026 轻松练外语 版权所有

  • 联系我们
  • 隐私政策
  • 服务条款